Friday, February 27, 2009

toe tradgedy and other tales

My toe tradgedy! warning... there is a mildly graphic image to come... its not that bad though...







I was sitting at the computer desk. The chair i bought is from DI and doesnt have the greatest rollers on it and it got stuck... my foot slipped and slamed into the edge of our bookshelf. i significant chunk of my toe and half of the toenail came off in the process... Luck for me i had taken a vicodin a little while before for my root canal and so i really didnt care that much about the pain... but later it was pretty bad... :(





Most of Ks baby stuff survived him, but alas, his high chair did not. In our move, somethign in the moving truck fell on it and it broke. Sad, but it was a really cheep one so i wasnt that heartbroken. That is probobly why it broke. But anyway. I have been really wanting this one for a while, and when grandma asked what A needed... viola! I am so excited. It is nice to have a few nice things. Most of the stuff in our house is college poor people stuff. We vowed that now that we are home owners we are going to save, and invest in nice things, (Yeah right... i feel poorer than college now that i have a mortgage) but so far it hasnt held up, so we appriciate nice gifts!


And last but not least... A has a new trick... when i put her under this she was straight and when i looked back a few minutes later... she was all skewampus! go girl go....

1 comment:

Mame Voelker said...

Addy is so cute! I wish we could come visit! Oh, and I'm really sorry about your toe. That looks super painful!