Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Most Amazing Women

I have the unique privileged of being related to some of the most amazing women I know. My sisters. While i still find myself thinking about Chelsea in terms of the 11 year old she was when i left home sometimes... in truth she is a vibrant strong willed pretty much grown up woman... And i consider them my best friends.

I was thinking the other day about best friends. And truely i think they are. WHen i am in crisis or upset... they are the people i think to call first. THey are the people i miss the most when they arent around... so i think that qualifies them.

So as their sister i just want to let them know how much they mean to me.

I am proud of them. THey are both strong women who can handle a lot more than i think i ever could. THey are both on the brink of the rest of their lives and the choices they make now are more important than they ever will be... But they are smart and i know that in the end, although the road may be hard, they will be fine. I wish that i could take away a little of the pain that life will have in store for them... although i am still really young too and wish i could alleveiate some of the pain that is in store for myself as well! :) So some advice to these women I love...


Call home. I know that You still live at home. But when you leave... call home. THat is how we keep together. Family is the greatest strengh we have. Someday you will have your own families... but even now... my calls home are my lifeline some days. If you dont keep those relationships strong, they arent there when you need them.

Do all the small stuff... you know... the seminary answers... read your scriptures... say your prayers... blah blah... it seems small but those are the real things. It centers your life and helps you keep first things first.

Keep your eye on the prize... Sometimes today seems to hard... but there is purpose. THere is something greater ahead. So keep going. The hard days will just be a bad memory someday and they arent worth your worry. I heard a quote once and wrote it in my scriptures... "worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble... it empties today of its strength."

I found this quote on a friends blog... It gives me strength... I love you and i pray for you every day. Kaden does too actualy... its pretty cute! Miss you tons!

"You need His help, and you know that you need His help.
You cannot do it alone.
You will come to realize that and recognize that more and more as the years pass.
So live that in good conscience you can speak with the Lord.
Get on your knees and thank Him for His goodness to you
and express to Him the righteous desires of your hearts.

The miracle of it all is that He hears. He responds.
He answers--not always as we might wish He would answer,
but there is no question in my mind that He answers."

-Gordon B. Hinckley

2 comments:

Erin said...

If I had sisters, I'd want them to be just like Emily and Chelsea!

Jeff and Jen said...

Well said Lauren! What a good sister you are to give such good advice to your sisters. I wish I was told the same things when I was younger.

I really like the worry quote too!