Tuesday, October 6, 2009

5








And here we are... five years later. K is 3'10" and 48 lbs. Enormous! He is in the 99% for height and 90% for weight. Its hard to believe that he is 5 already.
Everyone told me that i should cherish him when he was a baby because time would fly. And i believed them. I just didnt know how it would feel. :) It is joyful to think that I am raising such an amazing little boy. But sad at the same time. For nine months i litterally carried him beneath my heart. Keeping him safe. And everyday I have less and less influence in his life already. he believes his friends over me now! But mostly joy I think. He is my friend. And that is a blessing.
He was our first miracle. Not knowing if we would even have children he came and has blessed us every day. He makes us laugh ALL THE TIME! He is intelligent and thoughtful. I pray every day that I can be the kind of mother the Lord would have me be. I fall short. But I hope that someday he will remember that im a mere mortal and forgive me my shortcomings. ;)
I love this little guy! He is one of my greatest dreams come true!

2 comments:

Jeff and Jen said...

I can't believe I've known him for 3 of those years. Happy Birthday Kaden!

Heather!! said...

i love this post :) happy kaden's 5th birthday, to you and the mister!! <3