Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tender Moments

Daddy has been in South Dakota for a few days. And its been rough. A has not been feeling well and K has just been on one. So we have been having early bed times needless to say. Daddy gets home today and for that I am so grateful! But last night was a good night.

After I put the kids to bed I got to finish an awesome skirt I have been working on for A. And then A started crying. I normally let her cry herself back to sleep but since she has been sick I have been getting up with her sometimes. And Im glad I did because she could hardly breathe with all the grossness coming out of her nose. So we took care of that and I rocked her so she could sleep sitting up and breathe better for a little while.

You have to understand. A NEVER falls asleep in my arms like this if their is another alternative. She much prefers a bed. So I spent the better part of an hour or so just rocking my sweet baby. The country song that says "you're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back you're gonna wish these days hadnt gone by so fast" came to my head and while some days with the kids at this age are hard... I know that I am going to miss these days someday and so I try desprately to hold onto moments like that. So I just rocked. I know it was indulgent but i loved it.

Then later K came into bed with me. He was having growing pains again. Again, I usually dont let the kids sleep with me but since Daddy was gone I let him crawl in. We spent a few minutes snuggling and talking. I LOVE listening to him tell me all about his life like that. Its just so cute. Then he told me I was the best mother in the whole world and we fell asleep. AGAIN... a moment to hold on to.

I am so thankful for the tender mercies of our Lord. I think that most days are just the day to day grind and you get through them. Its these moments that make life so overwhelmingly good. So as we approach thanksgiving I am trying harder to be thankful for the moments.

(yes, i know i am a nostalgic and sentimental mother. But i like it that way... )

No comments: