Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day

Last year we began what I hope will be a tradition with the family because it has been a blast! This year we did it again. We went to the black pine area to go camping. Not only is it beautiful there but we have found lots of fun stuff to do as well. This year we went on two hikes. (I use this term loosely because it was more vertically scaling two mountains. exhausting but fun) And two mountain biking adventures/misadventures. We had a great time together!

Here we are on the drive. I LOVE our little family!!!

When we first got to our campsite, there was a crappy old fire ring. I told Daddy that it was a boyscout fire ring and to watch and see how the relief society does a fire... and so while we were waiting for the rest of the crew to show up I created this! I think I want one in my backyard! Its so pretty!


This was a mini hike we took before everyone else arrived. We borrowed this from some friends and we LOVE it... so i am snooping eBay to find a good deal on one.

K, for some reason decided that he has to take this dino on our camping trips...

On day three all the women were having nasty hair so we set up a salon for hair washing

During some down time the daddys took the little girls up and down the road on their bikes. They LOVED it. And A ended up falling asleep.

This is us at the top of the second mountain climb. It was so pretty. We ended up at the ridge of this string of mountains. If we hadn't been so tired we might have walked a long further but blazing a trail is tough work! You can see how red my face is... DANG MY COMPLEXION! I got a nice burn.

I am really grateful that I have been getting in shape. This trip was so fun because I was able to participate in all the activities and I was in good enough shape that it was actually enjoyable for me. Although, our last mountain biking misadventure was pretty rough. My father in law gave us bad directions and it ended up being quite the trip. I also learned that you need a REAL mountain bike to go mountain biking!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like fun! And you're lookin' hot! Keep up the great work!