Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Customer Service rant

So I got our Internet bill this month and the price had gone up 10 bucks a month... That is not cool with me. And there is a new Internet company in town that is charging 20 a month.
(We dont live within their tower so we cant get them yet... but they will have a tower here soon!)

Anyway... armed with this knowledge I was speaking very politely with a young man who told me there was nothing he could do for me. I explained that we like quest and would like to be loyal to them but there was another company that would be much less to go with. (although this was a little bit of a bluff since we wouldn't be able to switch for 9 months) He put me on hold... came back and said sorry... there was nothing he could do for me.

This put me in a bad mood... Mostly because going to school in a college town where most people worked in customer service I knew this was a lie. I got a little witchy and told him that he was making it really hard for me to stay with them. That we had been with them for 7 years and the least they could do was cut us a break to keep us. He then put me on hold... again

Then i get on with the manager. She says she can take 20 a month off my bill... AND up our Internet speed from 1.5 to 5! WOOT WOOT!

And he said there was nothing he could do for me... LIAR!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I had a similar experience, only with Comcast.

The first person I was talking to told me there was nothing he could do for me. I asked to speak with a manager, he told me they would say the same thing (that they would do nothing). I again asked for a manager, I spoke with her and she did very little. I hung up frustrated and then called back. I was furious at this point because it was a mistake on their end that we were having to pay for. I think they new it was me and handed the phone over to someone else (didn't even put me on hold), this person worked with me...finally!!! I also knew that they could do something for me, so I pushed until they did. Grrr!