Saturday, November 20, 2010

G20

I am grateful for this amazing kid! He sure does brighten our day. The reason I am especially grateful today is because most of the time we feel like we are teaching our kids. Or sometimes beating our heads against the wall TRYING to teach them. And sometimes they show us the way.

That happened today. We were out shoveling our driveway this morning and he asked if we could shovel our neighbors driveway too. (He is in a wheelchair) I told him we were in a hurry and maybe we could do it later. They have a teenager who could do it. Then Daddy and I went on or way. A few minutes later I look over and K is shoveling their driveway all by himself.

I almost started crying right there. It only took the three of us a few minutes to finish what he started. I told him how proud I was of him and gave him a huge hug. I love this kid to the moon and back... and then some...

No comments: