Thursday, October 6, 2011

K Turns 7 and we celebrate LEGO style!

7!  I cant believe it!  
I LOVE doing parties!  It gives me the chance to be creative and have fun with the kids.  However, its also a lot of work.  So I decided a few years ago that we would just do friend parties every other year.  This was the year.  
For Ks Birthday he wanted a LEGO party.   So I set to work looking for ideas.  I found a TON!  However, I didnt have the time to do everything I wanted... so I selected a few and it was penty.

First we have the "cake".  It is actually rice krispies.   I just made a large batch and smooshed it into the pan till it was brimming.  Once it had stiffened up I was able to cut it into the perfect sizes for lego blocks.  Then it was a matter of playing with them until I found the right setup.  The nubs on top are marshmallow halves that are frosted, frozen and then put on top.  Easy Peasy... but a little time consuming to get it all together.
Next, I wanted to do chocolate lego men to give to the kids.  I had envisioned making bag fulls of these, but I found that food coloring and chocolate are not best friends, so I only made 4 for each kid. 
These are the baskets.  My mom found these LEGO creator party packs and sent them up.  It was PERFECT!  The kids each got to make a LEGO car or plane and it was a booming success. 
Kaden invited his two girlfriends to the party so we had to have some LEGO girls too... ;)
The choco man up close
This was one of my faves!  I saw these HERE and loved them, however, they were no longer available where she got them and I cant afford to pay $20 each anyway.  So I used my  handy dandy freezer paper trick and made me some LEGO man T-Shirts for each kid.  Ks had a 7 on it since he was the birthday boy.  Total cost was about 2.10 per shirt.  Thank you walmart!!!
Here is A sporting the girly version.
Here is the birthday Gang...
This is K and his best buddy... they are weird...
Here they are eating my cake... it was bitter sweet to see it die, but it was delicious.  I had never had frosted rice krispies before... its yummy!
Heres the scoreboard for the guessing game.  They had to guess how many LEGOS were in the jar.  K was WAY off....

This was the pin the head on the LEGO man game... It was a big hit with the kids.  Even if there was some cheating that had to be monitored.
And here they are with their cars and trains.

We had a lot of fun tonight and I am soooo grateful that K has chosen such great friends.  They are super good kids! 

I cant believe he is seven.  It makes me feel sad, and proud and happy all at the same time.  One more year until he is baptized... I feel so much responsibility and love for this little boy!  Happy Birthday K!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Check you out, momma!!! Everything looks so awesome! Way to go!

Samantha Jones said...

That is the coolest cake.