Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh baby!

Four days past our embryo transfer I took a pee test... It was distinctly positive! We didn't tell people but I kept taking them and they kept getting darker... We got final confirmation Monday that yes...

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

Im 5 weeks along at this point.  It feels super surreal... Once again we have an almost four year old and are going back to life with a newborn... Or two.  There is wisdom in having kids closer together.  You don't get used to the calmer diaper free days.  But bring it on!

I wasn't sick with either of my other kids and so far this is no different.  I am EXHAUSTED though.  Being pregnant at 29 is a lot different than it was at 20... And we are just starting.  I'm anxious to see my little bean/beans in a couple of weeks.  I just want to know what we are dealing with and see a heartbeat.  I am hoping that both took.  Not because I want twins (although it would be nice after all this) but because they are real to me.  Even though they were only a teeny tiny group of cells they felt like mine.  It would feel like a loss I think if only one made it.

So... We wait.  Again...  We'll keep ya posted!

4 comments:

Kimi said...

Congratulations :) I'm so happy for you!

MH5 said...

I am so excited and happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Emma said...

Yay baby(s)!!! keeping my fingers crossed for sticky beans for you guys.

Shaylah said...

Hooray! That is wonderful, we are so happy for you! I was so much more tired the third time around, I could hardly function without a nap. And in that respect maybe it's good your kids are older...mine are little and were so needy I was lucky to get 10 minutes most days! It gets better though...and your kids will be so helpful when baby(s) come! Congrats!