Monday, September 17, 2012

The complete sheet

Bumperless crib bedding... Love it or hate it?

 I love bumpers because they are so dang cute. I have had them for both my kids. Are they safe? Probably. I think bumper less is a safety fad. But making bumpers is a HUGE pain in the butt. So... If we need to make bedding this time around it will be bumperless. The problem is that in looking at all the options, they are not cute.

 Till I came across this site.  But they only have a couple options and I'm not in love with any of them.  But I do love that you get the illusion of a bumper.

So when I decided to make my nephews crib bedding I thought this would be a great time to try making one.  I have never worked with piping before... It kinda scares me.  But I found out it isn't all that bad. AND  I learned a few things for next time.  I should be a pro now!

I also made a crib skirt and quilt.  Hopefully pictures to come.




1 comment:

Emma said...

I just used that dino print in a baby blanket SO super cute! I'm totally in awe of your skill with sewing!