This year we have been both greatly tried and greatly blessed. I have been reminded that from great trial can come the greatest blessings. And while in the thick of it I might not have always been grateful, In hindsight I cant help but be.
I am grateful for:
10. My health. During IVF I was physically tried greatly. It was more difficult than I imagined, and I was not sure if we would even get the outcome we desired. But when I could breath again, walk again, and the was pain free, I could realize how healthy and strong I really was! What a blessing!
9. My home. So many struggle to keep a roof over their heads. We are blessed in this regard. We have a beautiful house that is so full of love and laughter it has become our home.
8. My Friends. I have such incredible friends. From those I see rarely but when I do, its as though no time has passed at all. To those who support, love, and bless me on a daily basis.
7. My siblings. I cant say enough. I have great siblings. We are outspoken and loud. We fight, we laugh, we forgive, we dont always forget, but we get over it. They are funny and bright and I adore them.
6. My in-laws. I married an amazing man. He could only have become so with the help of the good people who raised him. They have taken me into their large brood and loved me despite my flaws.
5. My parents. I was raised to work, love, have faith, and be strong. I never doubted the strength of their love for me and it has always sustained and inspired me.
4. My children. Man they are awesome. They are the greatest things I have ever done with my life. They also inspire me. As well as challenge me. I cant begin to imagine my life any other way than with the 2.5 spirits growing within my home and love.
3. C. Each of our children has come at greater and greater cost physically, emotionally and financially. (and scientifically... lol!) Some might think we are crazy. We have two beautiful children. Why isnt that enough? But I felt her spirit waiting to come to us. And as she moves inside of me and grows stronger each day, I feel more and more grateful to have the blessing of being her mother.
2. My husband. He is also truly awesome! He is a good provider for our family. He loves our children with an incredible patience and passion. He does the same for me, for I require a great deal of patience! ;) He loved God and is a faithful servant to Him. He brings the light of the Gospel into our home on a daily basis and provides an incredible example to our children. I love him more today than ever.
1. And finally the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am blessed by the minute by having this in my life. The members are certainly flawed, but the Gospel is perfect. The love of my Savior is perfect. I am daily reminded of His love for me. For that I could never be grateful enough.
I hope we can all truly grateful this holiday season. Let us take the blessings we have and let them inspire us to bless the lives of others! I love you all!