Wednesday, December 12, 2012

K

I was looking back at the blog and realized that I haven't blogged much about K lately. We are at a new phase in life. He is gone all day at school and then he has homework and dinner... Then we get maybe an hour until bedtime. Other than weekends I don't see this kid much.

But let me tell you... He is shaping up to be pretty awesome if I do say so myself. He is an incredible big brother. He is smart and very technically minded. He loves Legos and is in the robotics club at school. For Christmas he wants a robot kit. He most definitely did not get that from me. (Although he comes by it honestly on both sides.). He does math in his head.

He is so spiritual it blows my mind. In the last week I have had two people from primary come and tell me how impressed they are with his knowledge of the scriptures. We were talking in the car Sunday about a story he read. "i was telling my teacher about the man who was a servant to the king and was teaching him the gospel and he chopped all the guys arms off. Man! I can't remember his name." And I was just about to say Alma the younger when he says "Ammon! That's the guy". Geez... I would have looked like a dummy.

He is so loving and sweet. He just wants to do what is right and to be loved. Obviously he isn't perfect. We have bad days. But he is coming out of the whining and crying all the time phase and turning into such an awesome young man.

It's so hard to believe he is the same tiny baby I brought home 8 years ago. I remember that first Christmas with him, I was reminded so often of our savior as a baby and his mother. What she must have felt. The love she had for that small helpless baby and the knowledge of the life that awaited him. It terrified me to be so young and responsible for this child. I knew hardship and pain would find him and that has been the hardest part of being his mom so far... The pain you can't take away. I have heard it said that having a child is like having your heart walk around outside your body, and thats a pretty accurate description. i am grateful to Mary for giving her heart to the world. A world that is not always grateful for that sacrifice.

And I'm so grateful for my own awesome not so little boy.







No comments: