Thursday, October 15, 2015

No pain, no gain

A year and a half ago, I tore my meniscus. It healed up pretty well, but ever since, my knee has given me trouble. I finally went and saw the doctor. He gave me a bunch of excersizes to do to strengthen my knees... All of these require some weights. This was the final straw. I've been working on getting healthier for a while without a lot of measurable success. Ever since bed rest, my body has kind of been mush. So... I got a membership to a local gym. They have a daycare included and all the classes are included as well. 

The first day was horrible. The first week really. I had no endurance and I could lift so little weight. I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. Then I hit the sauna for a while and shower. 5 days a week. It's been almost four weeks now and today I really pushed myself on the elliptical. (Better for my knees than the tredmill)  it was hard but I went 3.76 miles!!!! A personal best so far. The first day, I went 1.2 miles.



 I'm proud of myself. It's getting easier everyday. I can feel my body getting stronger.  I'm actually starting to like it!

No comments: